Happiness isn't size specific





What do you think when you look in the mirror?

+ yuck I look disgusting..

+ there are a few things I'd change if I could, but oh well

+ I'm content with myself and know that there are more important things

+ wow I'm really really really incredibly good looking (if you get this reference we can be friends)

...

Sadly the majority of young - teenage girls fall into the first two categories.

Now i'm not saying that if you are happy with how you look there's something wrong with you and you should be like everyone else - definitely not. What I am saying is that more people should feel confident, empowered and embrace who they are. 

I also want to stress that I am not of the opinion that exercise is bad and you can't change anything about your body. Exercise is super important, however you should do it because you want to feel fit, strong and capable - not because you want the 'perfect bod' which is constantly shoved in our face - thank you very much to the media.

But girls, who says you have to listen to these messages? 
You can define beauty for yourselves. 
You can choose what you accept and what you challenge. 

...

Just thought I'd share a few of my favourite quotes to inspire you:

+ embrace and love your body, it's the most amazing thing you will ever own

+ you are imperfect permanently and inevitably flawed; and you are beautiful

+ every time you look in the mirror, think of something positive

+ to all the people who think you're fat ... you're the beautiful one. It's society that's ugly

+ warning: reflections in a mirror may be distorted by social constructed ideas of beauty

+ instead of focusing on what's missing, learn to appreciate what's already there












 Dress, ring + her fashion box
Canvas + love board
Bracelets + circular trend
Flower crown + chelsea's flower crowns

You are all beautiful - that's right I don't need to see your face to say that, because my definition of beauty is by the content of someone's character

xo G



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig